Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Some Charity Edge to Edge

Happy August!


Summers often seem so busy with vacations, family visits, and other stuff, and I hope you have all been enjoying some special times.


I have had these charity quilts from LNCQ (League of Northern Colorado Quilters) sitting in my closet since February, and I finally had a gap in my schedule to get them quilted. A big thank you and many blessings to those of you who contributed time and materials to make them!

These charity quilts give me a chance to show you some more edge to edge quilting patterns. This first one is quilted with a flower pattern, which gives some life and definition to this simple quilt.















This next quilt looks like it will most likely end up with a young girl, so to keep the fun happy look, I quilted in a butterfly pattern.



This one looks more like a young boys quilt, so it has an owl pattern quilted in.


A panel quilt of a gnome village has a "Sunny Day" quilted pattern.



It is hard to say to whom this pinwheel block quilt might be blessed with, so it received some simple quilted feathers that would be age and gender neutral.


And finally, this really happy little quilt, and the smiley faces just said bubbles to me.


 I am so relieved to be able to finally get these out of my closet, and I am sure the charities these will go to will be anxious to receive them!

Happy quilting!
Cathy

Verse for the day: ".....Now return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness, and relenting of evil." (Joel 2:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment