Friday, October 11, 2013

Flood Quilts

The recent flooding here in Colorado left many without homes and many others with major clean up and loss. Our home was not affected, but our hearts go out to the many that were. There are many photos online, but I have included one here, just to emphasize what so many have experienced.




When I walked into Sweetheart Quilt Shop a couple of weeks ago to pick up something I was in need of, I walked out with my arms full of quilt tops that needed to be quilted. These tops were made by generous quilters who have worked to provide something special for the many victims of this flood.

Below are a couple photos of some of these quilts. The goal at Sweetheart is to obtain 500 quilts to be donated to those affected. If you have not already done so, I would encourage you to stop in to their shop to see how you can help out.





May the Lord bless each of you who so generously contributed time and resources to this project!

"Truly I say unto you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mie, even the least of them, you did it to Me." (Mathew 25:40)






No comments:

Post a Comment