Monday, May 4, 2015

April Pantographs

Isn't it wonderful to see Spring has finally arrived, along with some much needed rain?!! I have been out doing some planting and tending to the needs of my perennial garden. It seems all my bulbs were in need of dividing, and fortunately, I have friends who need some! Well, onto those quilts.....

First, a couple of quilts with feather edge to edge patterns. The first one is a black floral pinwheel, that works really well with an overall feather design.
















Next is a log cabin variety, which always seems to look good with feathers.



























































Then an applique with an all over pattern stitched into it. I have not done this before, typically doing custom work for applique, but edge to edge seems to work on this one. I think it's because the applique patterns are fairly large. Since it has Hawaiian floral applique, a simple floral pattern was used.



















































This last one is also a type of log cabin, but with a musical theme, so a musical note pattern was chosen.

















































The back of the quilt was also pieced, and the notes stitched in may be better seen here.








That's it for now. I currently am working on a cowboy theme quilt, so I hope to let you see that one soon! Until then, happy quilting!
Cathy

Verse for the day: "Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law." (Psalm 119:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment