Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Destressing With A Couple of Recent Quilts

Happy January, dear quilting friends!
As some of you know, I have experienced a few problems with Louise (my longarm) lately. Well, I think all has finally been resolved, and she is actually behaving herself now. Both my computer and my machine are up and running again. Here are a few recent quilts for you to check out.

This one is a child's quilt that was supposed to be done
before Christmas, but Louise was uncooperative. (ARRGGGH!!!!)  I am so thankful for good, understanding quilting friends that try to help me de-stress! My rep was here for one day, ordered new motor wheels, and we both thought I would be up and running as soon as they arrived and I installed them. Well, we were wrong - I started this quilt, and all looked fine, at first. As the sewing continued, the pattern moved down the quilt, so that by the end of the row what was supposed to be at the top was actually almost 4" down from the top! It is a good thing I am such an expert with my seam ripper - have had lots of experience there!!
My rep was back out for a couple of days as we tried to solve the problem, which seemed to puzzle all involved. I finally had to resort to the old (low tech) method - a paper pattern hand guided - to get an  edge to edge angel wing pattern on this quilt, and completed it the day after Christmas. Again, I am sooooo very thankful for understanding quilting friends!

The next time my rep arrived, she brought her motors with her. When these were installed, all was well. We ended up replacing the wheels on my motors with the ones from her motors and this solved the problem, so the factory sent a different kind of wheel. (Thank goodness for warranties!)This did the trick, and I am thankful to say that all has been well since.

This was my next quilt once my computer was back up and running, sent to me by an out of town client. I am not normally an orange person, but I thought  the color combination in this quilt was well selected and very pleasing. This one just has an overall feather pattern, and I am so relieved to say that I did not have a single problem with my machine during the entire quilting process! I am currently working on a quilt titled "General's Wives", and hope to post that for you to view shortly.




 

Until next time, may this new year bring you much joy as you quilt away!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment